Thursday, December 27, 2007

Merry Christmas! Well it is another year approaching its end. It was a good year. The girls had a fun Christmas season. Veronica had her first on stage performance during the school Christmas show. She wore a doctor's outfit singing a song about mommies and daddies always believing in angels. Little angels are truly what they are. She sang in a special group of four, and had the microphone all to herself ... pretty much. She sang loud and clear. No solo for Elena this year but she got front row placement. Elena had a birthday party and made some really impressive Christmas ornaments that ended up being special gifts for family. She got both a guitar and trumpet for Christmas. So I think it might be time for me to chase a life long goal and learn guitar with her. It is finally cold in the Duke city and it has made for some cozy nights. This helped me chip away at the ole netflix queue. Paige... a quick thank you for L'Auberge Espangnole.
I am leaving Sandia National Laboratories to pursue my "personal legend". What is that, well God has yet to reveal that to me. I do know it will involve spending time at the University of New Mexico. I will help a team who has been tasked to created an eLearning portal. An eLearning portal will one day make on-line courses available to all students across the state; K - 12.
Well during the Christmas season many of my friends who have left the state come back for a visit. So having the luxury of a mandatory week off of work, I was able to spend the week catching up. It is real nostalgic and cool to hear about where everyone is.
James, bummer about your ankle but hey like I said that night in the hospital, "at least you got off early on Christmas Eve". My pilot might be waiting for you.
Thanks Brad for dinner and I will have you know that you take flirting with waitresses to another level. Donna, that beer made me feel sad and angry ;) Elena and Veronica send a thank you for the play date. So there are a couple of friends who I hadn't seen in ages. One was a special friend who I had lost contact with over the years. I had recently been wondering how she was doing and what she chose to do in life. So the universe working in its special way gave me a chance to catch up. So Erin.....thank you for ending my year with an explanation point.
As for Bobby I had to put your words of inspiration out there to be kept somewhere forever. Thanks bro! The following was written on drink napkin one cold December night in softly lit restaurant lounge in Santa Fe.
"I walked up in mid conversation, my heart was pounding and anxiety was on my mind. The world came to a screeching halt as some soft and encouraging words came forth from the fountain of my soul. I looked into her eyes and I felt as though the heavens were orchestrating my future"
- Bobby Perea
We are money baby!

No comments: