I found what might be a valuable stone in my pond of understanding. Having the luxury and gift of intimate conversations with close friends, and even strangers, I have uncovered "a tell" in the women's psyche. Like a seasoned poker player might notice the rapid blinking of the eyes when an opponent is bluffing, I noticed how often "whatever" and "anyway" are used to stop their approach to vulnerability. It is used as a segue or change in direction. Women have mastered the use of "anyway" and "whatever". I consider this revelation very valuable and recognize it is not truth or diagnosis, so I am not creating an absolute. It is simply an observation that has meaning to me.
These two words are what I would described as doorways to a woman's core. Core being a very generic word for what might be described as soul, center, heart, or weak spot. But because there is a door does not necessarily mean it can or is meant to be opened. So finding the tell is not the valuable stone but being allowed to open the door is. It is an honor and a luxury to even been shown the door.
So pay attention for the use of whatever and anyway because it might be an opportunity to experience depth. Anyway, Whatever :)
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment