Monday, May 15, 2006

It was Mother's Day this past weekend and what an interesting and new experience. The girls were celebrating Mother's Day with, of course, their Mom. After all that has taken place this past year I was able to really appreciate and find good meaning in this holiday. I took the opportunity to spend time with my mom, aunts, and grandma. As well as uncles, cousins, and my grandpa. We had a BBQ and we all shared some laughs and even shared some disappointment. I think that is just as special; sharing disappointment. I have learned to find beauty in sadness. It tends to bring out some of our most precious emotions. I gave my mom a special gift and was able to write her a message that helped explain our new relationship as mother and son. New relationship, seems weird but our relationship has been pruned and now we grow our own new branches.
I am preparing for a men's conference this week. A lot of prayer and some anxiety about the unknown. It has been a long road traveled and plenty of divine intervention. Last year around this time I disconnected and was rejected by a path in life that seemed both comfortable and concrete. That life would be best described as destructive for all involved. My life seemed shattered, and it forced me to really look in the proverbial mirror. I found out a lot about a boy inside who distracted me from becoming a man. I hope to find us peace, and put to rest some other hurtful memories. This men's conference has been something I have looked at to be the remedy to my discomfort, but I have this strange feeling that it wont. I had expectations of this week being the finish line. Just recently I let that expectation go and I am trying to leave expectations alone. Since I plan to not be fixed after this weekend, I do plan on being a different man. Vida es Muy Bonita!

No comments: