Sunday, May 28, 2006

Wow! What a reality check this weekend. My little sister graduated and I realized that time is flying by. I remember being in seventh grade when she was born. She was a cute little thing. Her name is Micheala Nicole. I got to spend some of her cutest years with her. From 2 years old to 5. After that I moved off to Albuquerque for college and didn't get to spend much time with her after that. That's when time began to fly by. She started gaining her independence early. Her personality has always been extremely mature and that made it seem worse. All in all seeing her walk onto Ivan head field was truly sadening. She is a young woman. Her soft little voice has been gone for sometime now, but any remenance of her childhood has been tucked away deep into her soul. Even though the thoughts of her being grown up had shadowed the graduation, I quickly found joy in knowing she has so much oppertunity and struggles ahead. She is extremely beautiful and confident. I think it is enough to make a huge difference in the lives she will touch. She will be attending UNM and I hope to see more of her now that she will be in Albuquerque. She does have a boyfriend here which I am sure he will get the majority of the attention. It will be a chance for me to understand what I put those close to me through when I went to college. I too had a significant other that took up most of my time.
I look forward to helping her out in many ways. I even think she will help me. I hope she gets to spend some quality time with the girls. They really look up to her and them seeing her go through college will be significant. I am so proud of the little woman she has become.

No comments: