Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Its February already!
Not much to report on except that Elena is gonna be making her first confession. That is when she goes in front of the priest and confesses all her sins. This will be preparation for her first holy communion next year. Although she wont make her first holy communion with her class since she will going to a public school. Anyway, the girls are doing great. They continue to spend a lot of time with their mice. The weather is getting warmer so hopefully we will be able to get out a bit more.
Veronica is moving into a new phase. She is quite the little performer. Both the girls performed at a CAC conference. It was Vero's willingness that helped Elena decide to dance. There were 1000 people at this conference. The girls and I danced for the closing liturgy. It was fun and I memorable. She is very helpful around the house and isn't so rebellious. She is really affectionate. She has started to like kids scary movies and gets really afraid at night and I catch her sneaking into bed with Elena. But she insists on watching them.
Elena is catching the rebellious bug. She is more sensitive and gets grumpy quickly. She is still sweet and quiet though. She started practicing on her new guitar and she seems really interested. Maybe she can play by the time she can be a guadalupana. She doesn't write as much as she used to but she is really excited about her mouse. She is great about caring for them. She has also been real patient with Vero, as far as teaching her how to handle them.
So that is it for the girls they are a joy, worry, comfort and stress all in two little packages. They amaze me at least once a day.
Well I have been at UNM for three weeks now. I like the new digs and the folks are all laid back. Being on campus again is a paradox. I feel young again and at the same time a student bumps into me and says "excuse me sir". I get to do a lot of walking. I plan on taking some courses this summer.
So what do I actually do. Well the state government has budgeted for a state wide on-line learning portal. It is a website that offers on-line classes to students around the state; grades PK - 20+. This basically means any grade and career development courses. I am responsible for developing future integration between UNM's ERP systems and enhancing the portal's functionality. I learning tons of web development stuff. I work directly with a graphic artist, a cold fusion guy, and a php guy. I am the only seasoned java developer.

No comments: