Elena is on to another year of school and Veronica is being sucked into the excitement as well. My girls are happy to go back to school. Elena will have her own little desk. Veronica will go into a classroom of kids named the cozy kittens. It will be yet another routine to get used to.
Now for a small tangent on Veronica "Vero". Veronica's personality has given me a glimpse into what it might be like to live with me. She loves to play with her toys, but hates to clean up when she is done. Well she basically hates to clean up period. She doesn't mind taking a bath but touches every possible towel and wets every part of the floor. She eats when she is hungry and that is never during normal meal times. She expects Elena to share everything but refuses to share anything with anyone; unless something is in it for her. Quid pro quo. She is a bear when she gets tired and refused to accept that she is ever tired. Everything she does is to her little hearts desire. Worst of all when she smiles she makes me melt.
The summer went by fast. I spent most of it trying to keep busy and distracted from the fallout of the divorce, still feeling sadness every now and then. Working on plenty of soul searching and responsibility. Now towards the end of the summer I have dove into straightening up the humble abode. As I mentioned before I let the yard go berserk and the weeds enjoyed all the rain. Some might be confused for bushes and others small trees. I was impressed. I wish my plants and flowers would grow that healthy. Then again it has help me interpret the parable of the sower in Luke 8:7. Weeds are resilient and resourceful, but they are not enjoyable that's for sure. Like normal plants that give a view, some shade, or even a pleasant scent, weeds never give anything back to their environment; except more weeds. Most weeds are ugly, some stink, and others have stickers. It is hard work having a beautiful yard. It is even harder having a beautiful life.
Anyway I have taken on two projects that I hope to have complete by the end of September. The first is remodeling the bathroom. I first thought about doing it myself but then realized I have never done anything like this before and it's the only one I have. So I went conservative and chose to get a contractor. The second is my front yard landscaping. This project is underway. I had the 80's railroad tie theme with red lava rock happening. So I have pulled all the ties and plan on putting gravel, crushed rock, and moss rock for a decorative dessert theme. It is very in for Albuquerque and NM. I have high hopes for the fall and look forward to hopefully buying a new vehicle. I was looking at the jeep compass. It seems like it would be just right for what I need. Take care and may peace be with you!
Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment