Happy New Year!
What a wonderful year it has been. It started out weary and early on this year my girls and I had our work cut out for us. The year was spent quietly accepting a new role. Being a single Dad has been quite a challenge. Getting up and ready in the mornings is still to this day our biggest obstacle. Elena is a very deep sleeper and is unconscious most of the morning. Veronica gets up and is a morning person, except for the fact that she is a very picky dresser. So it is a daily compromise getting her dressed. Our nights are fairly mellow and homework is still a cool thing. I know that will change in the future.
A major accomplishment is that bath nights recently changed for the better. Elena now prefers showers and washes up herself. That leaves Vero, who after having to bath two one is a sinch.
We have found a good routine and life seems to have balanced itself out. Elena had a wonderful and successful go at soccer. She really enjoys it. She had a solo in this year school Christmas performance and did amazing. She enjoys painting, reading, drawing, and of course soccer. Her and her sister fight daily.
Veronica is now 4 and is doing great in her pre-school. She is a social butterfly. She is very daring and independent. She is learning in different ways, compared to Elena. She also has interests in her own things. They do have a lot in common though. They both hate to loose and their competitive instincts are strong. Vero is extremely athletic. Her personality is very mature and she likes to think she is her own boss...already.
Four around 3 or 4 months now they have enjoyed playing on daily basis a game known as "slug bug". They both can spot a vw bug a mile away. I am very thankful that this year has been a good year for them. That was the major focus for the year. Now that I have one year on my own under the belt I am ready for these two little ladies to up the ante and find new ways to age me. I found my digital camera so I hope to have some photos soon!
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment