Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A mouse in the house!




Elena and Veronica have new friends. For Christmas Santa left some money for them to buy a couple of mice. So the girls are excited and every night they come home to check on their new friends. As for me it means more work. Their cage needs to be cleaned weekly and when the girls are with their mom it is my job. By the way mice stink. I do have to admit that they are really interesting and I find myself watching them for several minutes. I watch them do nothing but run on their little treadmill. They are like little prisoners except for when the girls put them in these clear plastic bubbles which let them walk er roll around the house. Elena has done great with catching them and handling them. She has a natural talent with animals. Vero is a tad aggressive and it is a bit harder for her to handle them, but for the most part she works with Elena to handle hers. Vero gets real excited and screams and giggles so it scares the mice. She does have great patience though and is learning that her calmness helps the mice be calm too. I dont remember the names but I do recall something like Angelica and Tink. I "tink" they are learning responsibility. I just hope they stay alive for a good while and they dont get lost in the house.

No comments: