Monday, January 21, 2008

Thank You!
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr

January 15, 1929 - April 4, 1968

I wanted to find an image of Dr. King smiling, but for some reason the world has chosen to remember him in constanct concern. I did find some images of him smiling and I too choose to remember him in constant concern. He left this world fighting. So I am sure he smiled plenty while here on earth, but I am comfortable remembering him as a non-violent soldier who carried much concern for all members of society. It is as if the battle is not yet over and therefore there is a constant concern. I find myself looking for smiles and not having one is alright too.

I remember growing up with posters of Magic Johnson, Ozzie Smith, and Fernando Valenzuela on my walls. I still have a desire to admire good men. Now as a man I dont put up posters on walls, but I do put admiration of good men in my heart. Thank you for being a living example of how to serve others Dr King.

No comments: